Cornerstone Church was birthed with a small group of passionate believers in 1997. Previously, it had existed as Gospel Tabernacle from the late 1930s to 1948 in Meckling, SD, then moved to Vermillion and became Vermillion Assembly of God, where they met in a couple locations in downtown Vermillion.
In 1997, they felt the need for a fresh vision, so they sold their old building, changed their name, and began worshipping in the Continuing Education Building on the campus of the University of South Dakota.
Our current building was constructed and dedicated in 1999. Since then, we have continued to launch new ministries to grow fully devoted followers of Christ.